A lap around Breeze
- how to query the persistence service for entities
- how to write a query filter on the client and sort the results on the data tier
- to hold a promise from Breeze while you wait for the service to respond; the promise will tell you when the service is ready with results
- the EntityManager maintains a local cache of entities that you’ve queried, added to, modified, and marked for deletion
- the EntityType describes the details of an entity class, how it’s structured and how it behaves
- how to use the EntityType to create new instances of entities
- that a Breeze entity tracks changes, validates changes, and raises property changed events
- how a Breeze entity can be bound to UI controls with Knockout (or another data binding library)
- how to save changes permanently to remote storage or temporarily to local storage on the device.
We’ve organized the “lap…” as a tour of the Todo sample application. We’ll detour occasionally into the automated teaching tests to clarify a point or find a more apt illustration.
You could just dive in. We think you’ll get more from the tour if you take these three preliminary steps:
You’ve downloaded the code and experienced the Todo sample as a user would. It’s time to write a query.